Friday, September 16, 2011

Cabin Trip

While we were home in June we took a few days and went to my family's cabin in Island Park.  I think this is my most favorite place in the world.  There are so many good memories that I associate with the cabin.  Actually, I don't have too many memories from my childhood (I blame it on moving around too often) but I remember going to the cabin at a young age and then when we moved to Wyoming we went there every summer for a few weeks.  Of course when we moved to Rexburg, I spent a lot of time there!  Actually, that's how I got all my hours in for driver's ed...driving back and forth from Island Park to Rexburg!  We had a lot of fun up there this year!  It was so fun to take Declan.  He loved everything about it. 

 {In the back of Grandpa's truck - waiting to leave.}
 {the boys roasting marshmallows}
 {Every day he would wake up and immediately want to go outside.  Aunt Sara calls him Tarzan.}
 {We went to Big Springs to feed the fish only to find seagulls there.  It's okay though, Declan loved chasing after them!}


 {feeding the squirrels was Declan's favorite thing to do!  The only way we could get Declan to eat was if we put his high chair in front of the window so he could watch the squirrels grab the peanuts!}




 {He had to touch all the bears multiple times.  He would always pretend that they were biting his hand.}


We also went to West Yellowstone and walked around the shops and got some delicious ice cream!  My dad took Zach and I fishing twice and we played frisbee golf on our neighbor's property a dozen times.  My mom and I walked to the lake with Declan and he had a lot of fun throwing rocks in the ginormous puddles.  Of course, we didn't get any pictures of any of that!  I love Island Park - I wish we could live there.  Only in the summer though...

2 comments:

  1. Your parents look really good!! Declan is a cutie!! I just love that little guy, I wish I could have been at the cabin with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it funny that Declan wanted to touch the bears. If I was that small, I'd find them scary. (Who am I kidding, they're scary and I'm not that small!)

    ReplyDelete