Wednesday, December 21, 2011

5K

Sometime in August, I ran my second 5K race.  This one was a little more official than the first one I ran in Memphis with our ward but it was still really laid back.  The race was in Milton-Freewater, OR (a town just across the border from Walla Walla.)  I ran the race with my friends Krista and Danielle.  After the race we were standing around while a guy was reading off the winners.  Much to our surprise, all of us girls won!  I won first place in my age/gender category (only because Krista was a few months younger and in the younger age category!)  Krista and Danielle won second place in their age/gender category.  Let me tell you, it was quite the confidence boost for awhile to win a little blue ribbon!  Anyone who has ever ran with me before is probably laughing because they know how slow I run!!  It was a fun race and we got some sweet shirts.  haha!

Don't mind my bright red face!  This town is seriously obsessed with frogs - don't ask, it's a really dumb reason actually!

No comments:

Post a Comment