Thursday, December 22, 2011

Portland

At the beginning of October Zach had an optometry conference to go to in Portland.  Declan and I were able to go with him.  A few days before the morning sickness really hit and I called the doctor and they prescribed me some zofran.  Luckily, I was able to enjoy most of the trip because of the zofran.  We didn't take too many pictures of the trip but we sure did a lot while we were there.  We stopped on our way and saw Multnomah Falls.  Declan loved the waterfall and kept pointing to the lower one and saying, "baby waterfall" and "big waterfall" for the higher one.  







We spent a lot of time at the play place in the mall by our hotel.  It was a fun vacation for Declan and I but Zach was at his conference everyday all day long.  Our friends from Memphis, The Lukes, were there also for one day so Heather and I and the kids hung out.  We all went out to dinner before they left and the kids were being so funny together on our walk back to the car.  The next day Declan and I went to the Portland Zoo which was awesome!  Our last day we went to the Children's museum, it was a lot like the one in Salt Lake.  I wish we would have taken more pictures but I didn't want to haul around our giant camera everywhere and keep track of a 2 year old.

3 comments:

  1. I've been to those waterfalls and LOVE them. I didn't remember their name though. I've always referred to them as the Columbia River Gorge Falls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love Portland. I still haven't come to see you. One of these days I need to come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun posts! I can't believe how big Declan is getting. He's still a baby to me, and definitely not old enough for a big boy bed!

    ReplyDelete