Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Declan's 2nd birthday

Declan's birthday was celebrated over two days.  His actual birthday is on August 11th but my parents came to visit the day after so we waited until the 12th to have his cake.  We once again went to the park and fed the ducks.  Can you tell what his favorite thing to do is?  We kept telling him that it was his birthday but he was so confused because we had just celebrated my birthday so anytime we told him, "Happy Birthday" he said, "no, mom's birthday."  He got it when he opened his presents though!  I made him a huge dragon cake that I think he probably only took 2 bites of!  Oh well.  He liked his root beer float way more.









I took him for his 2 year check up sometime around his birthday and it was awful!  He has never cried so much at the doctor's office.  He started screaming when I had to take off his clothes to get him weighed and measured and didn't stop crying until we were walking out of the building 45 mins later.  It was crazy.  He weighed 28 lbs at his appt (he's up to 31 now).  I can't remember what his height was but I do remember that he's in the 75th % for height.  He must take after his Grandpa Oswald and Uncle Coleman for that because he's definitely not getting it from his parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment